My Blog List

Friday, February 1, 2013

TV ain't so bad

I do not understand how certain people just don't watch television at all. Sometimes I feel as though that is all that I do. Sure it can get a little boring at times because there might not be anything to watch, but with the amount of channels there are available nowadays, how can you not find something? I can always find a defeat movie, or a decent television show to numb my brain with. And what's better than that? I love watching movies. If I could watch movies all day, everyday, for the rest of my life, I would definitely do that. If I could make a living off of watching movies all the time, I would be the happiest person in the world. People say that watching too much TV turns your brain to much. Well I'm here to tell you that I've been able to learn countless things from turning on the boob tube. Maybe it does have negative effects on other people, but I don't feel as though it's doin anything bad for me.

3 comments:

  1. I am a little biased simply because I don't find TV all that interesting; I would much rather be actually doing something than watching someone else do it. My brother can watch TV from sun up to sun down and I can only watch about one show before I have to find something to do. Some people like TV and some people don't. I have a coworker back home who loves watching documentaries. Doesn't matter what kind, from insects to space. I believe it really depends on what kind of person you are and what you can take from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you - watching TV does allow you to learn new things, whether they are pointless or not. However, I believe watching too much TV might prevent you from experiencing things for yourself or even taking the things you've learned from watching TV and utilizing that knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you that I could watch movies all day everyday. I think TV is a great way to relax after a long day, but if we all watched TV all day not much productivity would get done. I think like most things, there is a fine balance between relaxing time and productive time. With that being said, I agree that people can learn things from TV, it just depends on what you choose to watch.

    ReplyDelete